We are looking for someone to join our Charlotte-based technology team to help be the bridge between our users and our tech team. This person will help develop custom software and scripts so we can more effectively utilize technology. This is an in-office position.
Education & Experience Required: Degree in Computer Science or similar, plus 3+ years’ experience.
Hours: Monday-Friday (Full Time; Exempt) during normal business hours. There is some flexibility to start times and end times.
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits.
• Coding proficiency.
• Creative problem solver.
• Ability to work with a remote team.
• Organized to help with project management.
• Good people skills to liaison between user's pain points and tech team.
• Have an intrinsic understanding of what a user’s need is vs a want (and ROI).
• Ability to write/modify scripts in R or Python.
• Experience working in technology teams, from data mining to coding.
Nice to Haves:
• Python experience
• R experience
This Job Might Be Perfect for You If:
• You love coding.
• You like a fast-paced work environment.
• You like dealing with a variety of people and situations.
• You are very proactive and can work with little supervision.
• You are a natural problem-solver with critical thinking skills.
• You are interested in how technologies can make things better.
• You aren’t afraid to try new things.
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You’ll Be Working On:
• Project Management
o You will be the liaison between our Charlotte team and the development team in Argentina. You will attend daily standups to help the software team through impediments. You will also be the first round of defense with users to determine what is a bug versus an enhancement request and whether temporary workarounds are acceptable or not.
• Coding & Technologies
o Along with working between users and the Argentina team, there is opportunity for you to code as we have a variety of projects on the docket. The most immediate need is custom coding within our CRM software Odoo with Python. Other projects over time may include:
§ Implement APIs with FedEx/UPS/Amazon to increase data flow back and forth and systematically print shipping labels.
§ Tackle EDI, an antiquated technology, and figure out how to make it better with fewer steps and APIs.
§ Help code new solutions to remove our dependency on antiquated in-house software.
§ Improve existing scripts for better inventory forecasting and warehouse product placement.
§ Develop a way for users to be able to run custom in-house scripts using an UI.
§ Harness the power of ChatGPT and AI.
Perks and Benefits:
• 2 weeks paid vacation (accrued), paid holidays.
• Health spending account.
• Life insurance.
• Profit sharing.